Thursday, August 26, 2010

5d MarII is here!

It has been a very busy July and August here at Kristi Shanks Photography, but I love every minute of it. I just made two huge purchases which will make my images larger format, better quality, have better color correction, and faster processing time. I bought my new camera in July mainly for indoor weddings because of the awesome ISO, but now I'm using it all the time for every kind of session. It is great to have 2 camera with me all the time, no more changing lenses all the time! The Canon 5dMarII is a very large format professional camera -21megapixels, and it gives amazing quality. Since this camera produces such large format images I needed a faster computer to process the RAW images, so in August I broke down and bought the new iMac with the i7 processor. This is super fast and the screen in huge! I have to say it is still hard for me to get using to using an Apple, but now after 2 week I think I got most of it (the important things) figures out. Wonder what's next to buy on my list??? (a new lens..)

On a side note- I have been extremely busy so if you haven't seen your photographs on my blog, I am very sorry. I will still try to get all my sessions up, I am just running behind on updating my blog and facebook account! Bear with me! Thanks- Kristi