Friday, November 27, 2009

Worst Nightmare!

Tuesday morning I woke up and turned on my computer as usual, but after about 10 minutes it was still on this blue screen and I couldn't get out of it. After about one and a half hours on the phone with the computer company they informed me of the worst news ever (when you're using your computer for business) "You're hard drive has crashed!" I think I cried for over a half and hour, not because I lost any important files because I back up all my photography pictures on an external server and make a hard copy on Cd of the unedited and edited pictures of all clients, but all my programs were lost, my e-mail address book, my client list, and the important "Tax" information. Who would have guessed that a 10 month old computer would do this? I even took it into a computer company and they couldn't find anything left on the hard drive. So, I'm back to the beginning. I am starting the slow and tedious process of re-installing all my software, but will have to re-buy some. I am unable to process any pictures until next Wed. so any clients that are waiting, I AM SO SORRY! If any of my previous clients could e-mail me their addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses it would be greatly appreciated. I have two e-mails that are currently working: www.kshanks@sio.midco.net or www.kristishanksphotography.com I'll post more pictures here once I can get photoshop re-installed and working. God Bless- Kristi